Always intrigued by skincare with a fun twist, nia (which stands for not into aging) Sunday Detox Whipped Clay Peel-Off Mask was on deck for a trial this weekend. This clay mask comes in a can and is dispensed as a whipped foam, then peels off. Cool, right?
The instructions on the can will tell you “use care on first use” and I can tell you why. The pump exploded product all over my bathroom mirror on my first try, haha! Hey, I was warned. On my second try, I pumped a good amount in my hand and began to apply it on my face.
Also according to the instructions you need a generous layer of product applied on the face. This was a bit of a challenge with the whipped foam consistency. Once I was satisfied with a good layer of product on my face I waited the 10 minutes for it to dry. It was another small challenge to get the mask to peel off but it did after a bit of work. This mask left my face with some redness (it subsided quickly) but it was a fun detox for my face nonetheless!
There are several ingredients working for your skin in the nia Sunday Detox Whipped Clay Peel-Off Mask:
(info from niaskincare.com):
- NIA-114™: patented molecule fortifies and protects skin against the impact of lifestyle stressors
- White Kaolin Clay: gentle, mineral-rich clay absorbs impurities and build up to detoxify and cleanse while softly exfoliating skin
- Bamboo Charcoal Powder: draws out toxins and debris to purify skin and help reduce the appearance of pores
- Mango and Brazilian Caja Extract: AHAs provide exfoliation to promote surface cell renewal
- Chaulmoogra, Black Cumin & Manuka Oils:synergistic blend helps reduce the appearance of blackheads
- Lentil Seed Extract: helps minimize the look of pores
This mask is such a nice addition to my weekly mask arsenal. Gotta keep those pores clear!
Product received from PR for editorial consideration, all opinions expressed are my own.
Have you tried anything from nia yet? I need to try the Glow on Demand Energizing Illuminator!