As a busy mom and blogger, I love an easy, one-pot meal. However, I’m not a fan of the “let’s throw any old thing together in a pot and call it dinner” type of meal. I hated that growing up. If I’m going to make a one-pot meal, it’s going to be full of flavor and include a few of my favorite ingredients. I put together the perfect rustic meal for fall that includes red potatoes, fresh herbs and Johnsonville Naturals Mild Italian Sausage. These sausages are 100% natural with no fillers, zero trans fat, no msg added, and gluten-free. The simple ingredients list: Pork, water and less than 2% of the following: salt, natural sugar, spice, paprika, natural flavors. The Johnsonville Naturals line includes italian sausage, brats, and even breakfast sausages. What a great way to make a healthier meal for the family!
This recipe for Rustic Italian Sausage and Potatoes will have dinner on the table in just about 30 minutes. I love it because the potatoes, fresh rosemary, fresh basil mix well with the flavor of Johnsonville Naturals Mild Italian Sausage. Our family was already a fan of the Johnsonville brand and after testing the Naturals line, it is now a true favorite. The taste is fresh and reminds me of the sausages that you might pick up at your local Italian deli.
I hope you enjoy this easy and hearty meal for Fall!
Rustic Italian Sausage and Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg Johnsonville Naturals Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 lb red potatoes, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- ½ sweet onion, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half and divided
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add sausage and cover. Cook until browned, turning once. When sausages are browned (about 4 minutes on each side) add potatoes, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and stir often.
- Remove the sausages once they are mostly cooked through. Stir potato mixture across your skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Slice sausage into ½ inch pieces and return to pan. Add rosemary, garlic and ½ of tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are cooked. Add basil, remaining tomatoes and stir to combine. Enjoy!
Disclosure: I received free product coupons and a promotional item from Johnsonville to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.
Have you tried Johnsonville Naturals yet?